PERSONAL VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Date of Birth
* Date of Birth
* Cell Phone
EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Emergency Contact Name
* Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Cell Phone
* Emergency Contact Cell Phone
Emergency Contact Relationship
Do you have any medical issues we should know about?
This information stays with us and potentially any medical personnel (if needed). We do not share this info beyond that.
OTHER VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Have you ever volunteered for an event like this before?
Are you an individual or part of a larger group?
Part of a Larger Group
Our volunteer shirts are universal/unisex sizing. If you're between sizes think about if you like the shirt tight or loose and order accordingly. They should fit true to size in most instances.
Below is a list of all available volunteer jobs. You can volunteer for as many as you would like. If you are selecting more than one please make sure they do not overlap day/time.
Fri, Sept 6 - 10AM-2PM - Pre Course Setup - Clark Township Community Center - 133 M-134, Cedarville, MI 49719
Sat, Sept 7 - 8AM-12PM - Pre Course Setup - Clark Township Community Center - 133 M-134, Cedarville, MI 49719
Sat, Sept 7 - 1PM-5PM - Packet Pickup - Clark Township Community Center - 133 M-134, Cedarville, MI 49719
Sun, Sept 8 - 3AM-7AM - Final Course Preparations - Spring Lodge - 916 S Park Ave, Cedarville, MI 49719
Sun, Sept 8 - 4AM-7AM - Shuttle Bus Loading - Spring Lodge - 916 S Park Ave, Cedarville, MI 49719Sat, Sept 8 - Start Line
Sun, Sept 8 - 6AM-11AM - SHIFT #1 - Safety Kayaks - Position assignments handed out ahead of time.
Sun, Sept 8 - 10AM-3PM - SHIFT #2 - Safety Kayaks - Position assignments handed out ahead of time.
Sun, Sept 8 - 6AM-11AM - SHIFT #1 - Rescue Boats - Position assignments handed out ahead of time.
Sun, Sept 8 - 10AM-3PM - SHIFT #2 - Rescue Boats - Position assignments handed out ahead of time.
Sun, Sept 8 - 6AM-8AM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #1 -
Sun, Sept 8 - 6:30AM-9:30AM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #2 - Island Number 8
Sun, Sept 8 - 6:30AM-9:30AM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #3 - Government Island
Sun, Sept 8 - 7AM-10AM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #4 - Bosely Channel, La Salle Island
Sun, Sept 8 - 7:30AM-11:00AM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #5 - Bay Point, La Salle Island
Sun, Sept 8 - 8AM-12PM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #6 - Islington Point
Sun, Sept 8 - 8AM-12PM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #7 -
Sun, Sept 8 - 9:00AM-1PM - Hydration/Nutrition Checkpoint #8 - Marquette Island on Les Cheneaux Channel, directly across from Spring Lodge's Beach.
Sun, Sept 8 - 8AM-1PM - SHIFT #1 - Finish Line & Post Race Party - Spring Lodge - 916 S Park Ave, Cedarville, MI 49719
Sun, Sept 8 - 12PM-4PM - SHIFT #2 - Finish Line & Post Race Party - Spring Lodge - 916 S Park Ave, Cedarville, MI 49719
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & DIGITALLY SIGN BELOW
To volunteer for the event you must read and sign the waiver below. We will likely also ask you to sign it again in paper form with pen, onsite, when you checkin, before you begin your volunteer shift.
ODYSSEY SWIMRUN - VOLUNTEER CONSENT, RELEASE, & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being permitted to assist / volunteer at the Odyssey SwimRun Orcas Island (Event) on Fri-Sun, September 20-22, 2019 (Date), I hereby agree as follows:
1. I volunteer to assist in the activities related to the Event. I understand that my assisting / volunteering may involve risk of physical injury to me or others, or damage to my property, or other consequences, which might result from my own actions, in actions of negligence and/or the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of the Event, condition of the premises, weather conditions, or condition of any of the equipment used in the Event. There may also be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE USAT, all Event sponsors, Event producers, Event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), athletes, all other persons or entities involved with an Event, states, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which an Event or portions of an Event takes place, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively,
the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my traveling to or from the Event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at an Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risks for injury to person or property, or any other consequence arising out of my assisting in, participating in, or volunteering in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Event. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived,
released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photograph, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to Odyssey SwimRun Events.
6. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter "Said Person"), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person to
legally bind Said Person to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to
indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
7. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Read and Agreed to by:
* Read and Agreed to by:
If Volunteer is under 18 years of age, the digital signature of volunteer’s parent / guardian is required. Parent /
Guardian’s signature shall constitute consent to the terms contained herein on behalf of Minor:
* Today's Date
Thank you for registering to volunteer for Odyssey SwimRun Les Cheneaux Islands. We greatly appreciate your help, without volunteers like you these endurance events would not be possible. We will be in touch the month of the event, or sooner. Have a great day!